header.png

St Margaret's Choir

St Margaret's Choir ceased to exist from February 2015 as a formal, robed choir.  Instead, members of the congregation are very welcome to sit in the choir stalls during the 9.45 Holy Communion services.

A choir at St Margaret’s Church had existed for well over 200 years. In 1863, the choir gallery at the west end of the church was removed.  An organ was installed some time after that and a new organ installed in 1969.

The choir may have reached its maximum size of nearly 40 (including both adults and children) under Canon Michael Synge who retired as Vicar in 1970 and also left the new organ and a new choir vestry/church room.